About Me

My photo
antrim, antrim, Ireland
Hello and welcome to my blog. If you like flowers and gardens, housey stuff, food and banter, then this is the place for you. I am a decorative artist, florist and maker of things. I sell painted furniture, plants and crafts, through a local retail shop, in my native Ireland, and wedding flowers from home. I am married to a lovely patient man and have a smashing little girl. I blog for the fun of it. Thank you for listening.

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Greys and blues

I planted an old blue and white dish with some miniature Iris, they were beautiful but fleeting!
I have been painting pine furniture again, this time it was some lovely old pieces that my client has collected over the years.



A lovely pitch pine cupboard, a wardrobe with leaded lights and a charming school desk. The stool I had painted for a different room in a duckegg blue, but it was being moved into  the grey room. I primed the furniture with 2 coats of primer, then painted with 3 coats of Farrow and Ball's Pavilion Grey, followed by a charcoal grey wash and 2 coats of acrylic varnish in a matt finish.




I thought it would be fun to paint the desk and stool with a Paris postmark.

This gorgeous Armoire was painted in Duckegg blue with a brown antique wash. The decoration on the walls was done by me for a previous client a few years ago, but my new client kept it because she loved it. It was a lovely surprise for me to see it again.

I hope you are all enjoying the Spring weather (or Autumn if you are in Aus.) Thank you for calling in, love Linda x

18 comments:

  1. Hello Linda.... pleased to see another lovely blog.. I've been missing your beautiful images! I've never really liked blue, warm greys yes - but really never blue.... I think it always feels too cold for me. Your planted turin is so pretty, perhaps now I live in a hot country I should embrace the blue hues and give them a chance!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Linda: Very, very, very well done! The furniture looks great! I like that duckegg blue. Did you mix the paint yourself or did you buy it? Lovely day, Christa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT....so beautiful.......well done!!!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Silvia
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a transformation! They look lovely in their new life, and gorgeous bluey grey colour!
    Now i know why you've been so busy!

    Have a great day Linda!

    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The transformation is amazing. I love painted furniture. Lots of work though - you must be exhausted at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your irises Linda..they look lovely in that old dish...trouble is the minute you bring bulbs inside they don't last long enough. I think that school desk looks marvellous with that French stamp and I love the little bedroom with the duck egg blue colour scheme. Robx
    p.s. isn't this weather glorious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous, I love the colour and the pretty transformation! Well done, you are very clever. And of course I really love the postmark painted on....what a wonderful touch!
    Have a happy week, Linda.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, How clever you are! When I tried painting a chair (on which I wrote a quotation) everybody was rather dubious....! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did well Linda. The armoire and the wardrobe look beautiful! It must have been a lot of work. I think you client will be quite happy with the final result :-)!

    Happy evening,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wOWWW Linda , you did a great job! it looks very very professional!!! I wish I were half so good!!! It must be very nice to see the results at the end!! Hope you have a great spring start!!a big kiss

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your furniture, Linda. In fact, would you mind mailing yourself to Colorado to help me with my armoire. I'd love to paint it! :)
    Hope you're having a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your painted furniture is so lovely and the accent post mark was delightfully adorable. I collect blue and white dishes so the blue and white dish with the miniature Iris really caught my eye and my heart. Thanks for sharing, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love those miniature iris, our full size ones are just coming into bloom in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's some seriously lovely pieces of furniture that you've been working on Linda - looks great.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Linda:
    Please do forgive our being so late for this post which we absolutely love. The wardrobe is transformed by the paint but it is the postal stamp on the desk which has really caught our eyes. Truly inspirational and inspiring. And yes to all these wonderful blues and greys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda

    I love the colours you choose to paint the furniture. I provides a light relief to the room. I hope you have a wonderful week

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A brilliantly completed project.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.....