About Me

My photo
antrim, antrim, Ireland
Hello and welcome to my blog. If you like flowers and gardens, housey stuff, food and banter, then this is the place for you. I am a decorative artist, florist and maker of things. I sell painted furniture, plants and crafts, through a local retail shop, in my native Ireland, and wedding flowers from home. I am married to a lovely patient man and have a smashing little girl. I blog for the fun of it. Thank you for listening.

Friday 1 April 2011

I'm in love.........






with Ina Garten aka the Barefoot Contessa. She is a wonderful cook, her style is very informal and relaxed and everything I have ever made from her recipes has turned out beautifully. She lives in the Hampton's (that's enough to make you swoon) and on her programme on Food Network channel she is always visiting Farmer's Markets and fabulous speciality food and flower  shops. Her lifestyle is wonderful and her home is divine. It seems now she has a new home which she had designed in the Belgian style. Here are just a few photos to wet your appetite.......
To see the complete house click on this link from America's house beautiful magazine

11 comments:

  1. Well, I am in love with that bath..... I have long dreamt of having a large bathroom, dramatically painted in dark blue, big green plants, large fireplace, large windows, bath in the middle of the floor facing out of a large window, not overlooked (of course). Or... a smaller room in the eaves, with skylight above the bath so I can lay and stargaze. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine the wonderful get-togethers she has in this home? Sigh. Just gorgeous! :)
    Happy day to you, Linda!
    ~ Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, oh my - that house is just divine. Everything so light and airy. Makes me look around my own home to see what I can fiddle around with!! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love her style and recipes too! She's one classy lady!
    Visiting from Favorites of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a FABULOUS house! The space....!! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda. What a beautiful blog you have!
    And this house is amazing. Maybe a little too perfect...
    I love her larder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,

    What a beautiful home the 'barefoot contessa' has. I have new seen any of her tv programs nor read one of her cooking books. Your positive reaction to them makes me curious, so I will have a look next time I am in the bookshop.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi visiting from post of the month, what a fab blog Im now a follower you are most welcome to stop by and visit me http://buttercupandbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, thank you so much for popping by my blog and leaving footprints so I could find your lovely blog! I am so with you on all the things you love on your sidebar!! This home you've showcased is just beautiful!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I would kill for a pantry like that! Awesome! Stopped over from the Post of the Month Club :)
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my friend calling by today Happy Homemaker UK as participating in Post of the Month and have really enjoying meeting everyone else and reading their favourite posts. It was fun wasn't it. Inspiring post, lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.....